Rig Walking System
Bentec Rig Walking System for moving mast and substructure in any direction with full setback.
• Simplified moving system reduces maintenance significantly
• Walking speed 46 ft/hr (14 m/hr)
• The rig can walk in 20 different directions within 360°
• Lifting capacity of 661 387 lbs (300 t) per unit
• Total lift capacity of 2 645 547 lbs (1 200 t)
• Wireless remote control console
• Compatible with widest range of rig designs
• Integration with rig hydraulic power unit possible
• Compact design
• Climate range: -45 °C to +55 °C
• HSE improvement/risk assessment
• CE and ATEX conformity
If you are interested in trainings for the Rig Walking System please click here.
Bentec’s Rig Walking System provides a solution for reducing rig-moving times on multi-well applications.
The move of the complete rig to the next well thus requires less cranes and manpower.
Compatible with a wide range of rig designs, our Rig Walking System can be adapted to both existing and new-built rigs.
It consists of four units, which are secured directly to the substructure.
The lift and slide system is operated by hydraulic cylinders to move the rig – including drill floor equipment and full setback –to the desired position step by step. The Bentec Rig Walking System features a reliable and robust design “Made in Germany” and is ideal for drilling rigs on pad drilling or cluster well operations.
The system is controlled via a remote control console and can be operated with the existing rig hydraulic power unit. If required, a separate hydraulic power unit is also available.The Bentec Rig Walking System complies with the latest European and international standards, maintaining highest levels of HSE.