Rig Walking System
Bentec Rig Walking System for moving mast and substructure in any direction with full setback.
- Simplified moving system reduces maintenance significantly
- Walking speed 46 ft/hr (14 m/hr)
- The rig can walk in 20 different directions within 360°
- Lifting capacity of 661 387 lbs (300 t) per unit
- Total lift capacity of 2 645 547 lbs (1 200 t)
- Wireless remote control console
- Compatible with widest range of rig designs
- Integration with rig hydraulic power unit possible
- Compact design
- Climate range: -45 °C to +55 °C
- HSE improvement/risk assessment
- CE and ATEX conformity
If you are interested in trainings for the Rig Walking System please click here.
Compatible with a wide range of rig designs, our Rig Walking System can be adapted to both existing and new-built rigs. It consists of four units, which are secured directly to the substructure.
The lift and slide system is operated by hydraulic cylinders to move the rig – including drill floor equipment and full setback –to the desired position step by step. The Bentec Rig Walking System features a reliable and robust design “Made in Germany” and is ideal for drilling rigs on pad drilling or cluster well operations.
The system is controlled via a remote control console and can be operated with the existing rig hydraulic power unit. If required, a separate hydraulic power unit is also available.The Bentec Rig Walking System complies with the latest European and international standards, maintaining highest levels of HSE.
|Length:||108 in (2 733 mm)|
|Width:||101 in (2 570 mm)|
|Height:||72 in (1 828 mm)|
|Weight: (approx.)||30 967 lbs (14 500 kg)|
|Total lifting capacity:||2 645 547 lbs (1 200 t)|
|Lifting capacity per unit:||661 387 lbs (300 t)|
|Max. walk speed:||46 ft/hr (14 m/hr)|
|Max. lifting height:||5.9 in (150 mm)|
|Max. travelling path:||19.7 in (500 mm)|
|Rotation:||360 °/20 directions|
|Stand area per unit:||6 820 in² (4.4 m²)|
|Max. working pressure:||2 466 psi (170 bar)|
|Volumetric flow:||63.4 gpm (240 l/min)|
|Max. surface load:||14 620 lb/ft² (700 kN/m²)|
|Max. ground irregularity:||0.4 in/32 ft (10 mm/10 m)|