Mechanised Derrickman System
Racking board equipment to support
physical handling with stands.
- Stands reduce the level of intensive physical work required
- Increases the personal safety of the derrickman
- Easy remote control operation
- Climate range -45°C to +55°C
- Suitable for artic and desert environment
- Suitable for onshore and offshore rigs
- CE conformity
- Customized design possible
- ATEX conformity available as an option
The Bentec Mechanised Derrickman System (MDS) supports the derrickman by guiding the top end of the stands to the racking fingers. A trolley moves along the rail and also consists of tongs which grab the stands. The trolley moves the stands from the center of the well to the racking fingers, and vice versa.
The tongs rotate the stands both to and away from the driller. The tongs are operated hydraulically and controlled by a hydraulic control cabinet.
The derrickman on the racking board operates the MDS by remote control, thus eliminating any risk to his or her safety.
The MDS can be installed onto existing racking boards. Only a few minor modifications need to be made to the racking boards so the MDS can be attached to the bottom side.
Length: 250 in (6 341 mm)
Width: 90 in (2 296 mm)
Height: 86.2 in (2 190 mm)
Weight (approx.) 5 952 lbs (2 700 kg)
Min. drill pipe diameter: 2 7/8 in (73 mm)
Max. drill pipe diameter: 6 5/8 in (168,3 mm)
Electrical: 400/690 V AC – 50 or 60 Hz
Power rating 10 hp – 7.5 kW
(MDS can be customized to any racking board designs)