The Bentec Iron Roughneck is built to maximise the efficiency of pipe handling operations. It provides a safe and versatile alternative to conventional pipe connection techniques for make-up/break-out operations.
- IR-100-5-B – Basic Design 5-ft Reach
- IR-100-8-B – Basic Design 8-ft Reach
- All models can be upgraded to a remote-controlled premium unit comprising all unique features
- fastest cycle time down to 32 seconds per cycle
- simplified electric-over-hydraulic system requires up to 60 % less hydraulics
- precise torque measurement, dynamic clamping system
- a unique Tool Joint Finder enables automatic pre-positioning
- torque Readout System for automatic make-up/break-out operations
- hydraulically powered and electrically controlled unit
- E-Torque List – an electronic recording and storage tool
- central lubrication system
- spin out sensor
- interchangeable with competitors’ iron roughnecks
- available for onshore and offshore rigs
- Compact design
- HSE improvements due to automatic positioning
- CE & ATEX conform
If you are interested in trainings for the Bentec Iron Roughneck please click here.
|5 ft reach version||5 ft / 1 524 mm|
|8 ft reach version||8 ft / 2 438 mm|
Technical data Bentec Iron Roughneck
|Max. make-up torque:||100 000 ft – lbs / 135 600 Nm|
|Max. break-out torque:||120 000 ft – lbs / 162 700 Nm|
|Spinner – max. speed with 5″ DP:||100 rpm|
|Spinner – max. torque with 5″ DP:||3 000 ft – lbs / 4 070 Nm|
|Tool joint connection O.D. range:||3 1/8″ to 9 3/4″|
|Ambient temperature:||-4°F to +131°F / -20°C to +55°C|
|Min. working pressure:||2 500 psi / 172 bar|
|Max. working pressure:||3 046 psi / 210 bar|
|Hydraulic flow rate:||55 gpm / 207 l/min|
The drawing shows the typical Bentec iron roughneck 5-ft Reach – Premium Design. Click to enlarge
The Iron Roughneck is available in two versions. The basic design is simple and robust for safe drilling operations. This design includes all essential functions for making up and breaking out tool joint connections.
The premium design is operated electrically or hydraulically. It includes automation features like the Tool Joint Finder, Positioning System, and Torque Readout System for partly or fully automated make/break operations.
Both Bentec iron roughneck versions are developed for use as a portable unit on land rigs or permanent installation on offshore rigs. The system is powered by the existing rig hydraulic power unit. A separate hydraulic power unit is also available.
Bentec’s Iron Roughnecks comply with the latest European CE design standards, ATEX standards, and international API standards to maintain the highest level of industry safety.
Iron Roughneck Performance Options
• remote control console from drillers cabin
• wireless control console
• Tool Joint Finder
• E-Torque List (export of make-up torque values)
• central lubrication system
• spin out sensor
• hydraulic power unit
• low-temperature kit
• transport skid
• spare part packages